Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Eggs are on sale...

Eggs are on sale at the local grocery store. Chicken too. 59 cents a pound for a whole chicken. Limit 3. I get excited when I see the sales. $1.69 for General Mills cereal, a ten pound bag of potatoes for $3.99 and a coupon for a package of Oreo Cookies for 99 cents. I've always tried to be thrifty. Then my family grew by leaps and bounds and saving a buck became part of our life. There is certainly no pride in being wasteful. I have learned to be satisfied with what the Lord provides and I rest in knowing that He will meet all my needs.

Today I am living the 37th Psalm, I am encouraged by verses 23-26:

23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.

25 Once I was young, and now I am old.
Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned
or their children begging for bread.
26 The godly always give generous loans to others,
and their children are a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment