Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Revelations

This is what I have learned this week:

1. Rest and sleep are NOT synonomous

2. If I neglect my vegetable garden it will surely die...quickly; my rosebush will thrive on ongoing abuse and produce more robust flowers

3. Sweating is most profuse when you straighten your hair

4. The savings you realize while shopping at a discount store is thwarted by the anxiety of bagging your own groceries while the checker and other customers wait for you to clear the conveyor belt

5. Six year old flag football boys do not understand how to bust THROUGH the half-time banner

6. Kindergarteners and First Graders NEED a snack EVERY day!!!

7. Kindergarteners and First Graders NEED a nap EVERY day!!!

8. Interpreting toddler's wants is the first line of defense against screaming

9. Moms don't get vacation weeks

10. When someone notices that you've lost some weight, your response should be "thanks, I've been working out", not a crazed "oh yeah, all I've eaten today is Teddy Grahams and a juice box"

No comments:

Post a Comment