Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

I just realized...

I have fourteen followers! There are fourteen people watching what I write and who are watching what I am doing. There are fourteen who might be influenced by something I say or do, or don't say or don't do. That is pretty awesome...to me. Fourteen. And for those fourteen I will continue to write, to journal, and to let you peek into my life. All the little things that I do to be shared with you. All fourteen. Thank you

Hey! Here's a picture of a covered book I made...wanna know how? Look below:


The covered book is a perfect project for the kids...

Supplies:

Composition book
1/4 yard fold of cotton fabric
(a "fat quarter" works perfect for this...ask at the fabric store)
batting
glue
scissors
2 pieces of cardstock

Instructions:

1. Open your fabric and place the open composition book on top. Cut the fabric about two inches larger than the book.

2. Cut a piece of batting large enough to cover the front and back of the composition book and cut the cardstock to about 1/4 inch smaller than the cover of the book.

3. Place the batting on the center of the fabric and place the book on top of the batting.

4. Cut a slit in the fabric toward the spine of the book, but stop about 1/2 inch away from the book.

5. Fold the fabric and the batting over the book and glue one of the edges of the fabric to the inside cover of the book, and repeat for the other two sides on that side of the book being careful to neatly fold in the corners.

6. Glue one of the pieces of cardstock to the inside of the cover to cover up the edges of the fabric.

7. Close the book and repeat 5 and 6 on the back cover.

And there you have it! How easy is that. Enjoy--

No comments:

Post a Comment