Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Marmalade and Strawberry Preserves

So...I revisited the marmalade and it turned out perfectly. I did everything the same, I just didn't cook it into candy :)

Then I decided to make some strawberry preserves! YUM! Turned out perfect the first time...


4 pints fresh strawberries
3 cups sugar
1 cup water
1T apple cider vinegar

Dice the strawberries and add everything to a large pot. Cook on medium - medium high heat, stirring constantly and maintaining a low boil. My batch took just a little over an hour. When everything has reduced almost in half, has thickened up and holds together on a spoon you are ready to can. Skim the foam at this point, if you want--I don't bother. Add boiling hot preserves to clean, HOT jelly jars, (mine fit in two quart jars) clean rims and seal. Turn jars over until cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment