Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rosey-Posey Scarf

I thought it would be fun to see me crochet... self serving? Maybe, but so what?! I didn't speed this up, it's really how fast I am able to crochet. Well...not actually. I am sweating like crazy in 100 degree weather so my hands are really sweaty too so I'm probably crocheting slower than usual. No matter....this is me making this really pretty pink scarf. Here's some stills!
 So it took about 4 days...

 
 It kinda looks like a star pattern but they are v-st fans.
Ch21, dc in 6th ch from hook, (dc, ch1, 2dc) in same sp, sk3, (2dc, ch1, 2dc in next st) across to last st, dc, turn.
Ch3, (2dc, ch1, 2dc) in ch1 sp across, dc in turning chain.
That's it to the pattern. I used one skein of Red Heart Soft in Lt. Country Rose (5oz) and an I hook. I ended up with less that 12 inches waste.










4 comments:

  1. :0 You are fast! Very pretty scarf. And I love your dress, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... with all the kids I don't have a lot of time so I have to move quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ginger. I was wondering what were the dimensions of this scarf. I'd like to make it but don't know how wide or long it should be. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia, I made this scarf and gave it away. I would guess it's about 6" across and I just worked it until I ran out of yarn. Maybe 5 feet or so.

    Thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete