Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2008

Hook and Ladder

Well, mostly hook. This past fall I started teaching crochet classes at the local community college. It was really something to see these ladies come to me with the desire to learn to crochet. Some had never picked up a hook and yarn before while others had learned as young girls and needed a refresher. After a four week class (one day a week) which wasn't nearly long enough I was pleased to see these talented women take ownership of a new craft. They brought hats, scarves, baby blankets, pot holders and slippers to the last class. Their finished projects. I may have been more proud than they were.

Winter classes are about to begin and I didn't sign up to teach. I'm kind of bummed about it. So I'll set my sights on the spring.

And I have to say, there is nothing better than doing what you love...save for helping someone else to love it too...

No comments:

Post a Comment