Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I was fortunate enough this morning to come across "The Simple Woman's Daybook" (Click on the link to see more) via my friend at Upsidedownbee.blogspot.com. I came to the computer looking for something this morning and I think this is what the Lord led me to. It certainly touched me the way I needed :)

FOR TODAY
(January 12, 2010)...

Outside my window... it is cool, crisp and dark. The amber glow from the streetlight is peeking through the blinds behind me
I am thinking...how can I praise when my mind is full of doubt?
I am thankful for...the little ways God whispers to me that He is with me.
From the kitchen...radiates the voice of the newscaster warning of pedofiles and impending rain.
I am wearing...my jammies, my housecoat, and my crochet slippers.
I am creating...a baby hat, orange with blue stripes.
I am going...out today to take the kids back to school after a three week vacation and then back to get my home in order.
I am reading...Daniel and learning how important it is to stand up for what you believe in, no matter what and "Trading Dreams at Midnight" by Diane McKinney-Whetstone, because...well, I just haven't been reading.
I am remembering...that one of God's promises is that no weapon formed against me shall prosper.
I am hoping...that the day is gentle and kind to my husband
On my mind...I am focusing on staying on task
Noticing that...what I allow into my mind tends to try to remain there
Pondering these words...Praise Him
Around the house...I am clearing out. I am tired of all the things that I accummulate day to day.
One of my favorite things...is sitting outside on a warm day just enjoying fresh air, sweet sounds, and peace
Here is a thought I am sharing...I will tuck away a blank page in the envelope of time for today to doodle pink and orange swirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment