Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Book Review- Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado

I received a copy of Outlive Your Life as a reviewer for BookSneeze! For this book review I went in expecting much and came out with much more. Outlive Your Life is much more than an inspirational word from Max Lucado, it is a call to action. Each chapter challenged me to look at other people's lives and the impact they have made on the world that will go on to generations beyond them, and then to reflect on my own life and how I want to impact the world I leave behind. Max Lucado made me re-think loving like Christ loves, loving people who I may never see, but loving them and touching them in a way that is immeasurable. I certainly did not take enough time to treasure this book for what it is. I needed to sit quietly with Outlive Your Life, a blank journal and my Bible. The book includes a Discussion and Action Guide. Much appreciated, I used the guide as a personal study guide. I just wish there had been room set aside for me to jot thoughts in the guide. That being my only downside to the book, I digress...I have a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment