1 pound Turkey Italian Sausage
1 red onion, diced
1 large zuccini sliced in rounds
1 can spinach, drained
1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 can Huntz spaghetti sauce, any variety
1 egg, scrambled
1 1 pound box of lasagna pasta
- Start a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Brown turkey in a medium sauce pan. Saute onions with sausage. Add spaghetti sauce. Simmer.
- Add a little sauce to the egg and scramble vigorously to temper. Add egg to sauce.
- Add the pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Spray a 9x13x2 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer pasta, zuccini, 1/3 sauce, 1/3 cheese, pasta, zuccini, spinach, 1/3 sauce, 1/3 cheese, pasta, 1/3 sauce, 1/3 cheese. (Don't add too much sauce or the lasagna won't set up.)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes to cook zuccini and melt cheese.
- Let set for about 5 minutes before cutting. Mine made 12 servings.